• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Student Union Rebate?

S

sumomo

Back in August, I purchased an ibook and ipod mini to take advantage of the promotional rebate. I sent form and everything immediately... and about more than a week ago, I recieved a letter saying that I sent the web order/confirmation form instead of a 'valid' receipt. So i called the apple canada rebate center and they told me to fax the receipt to them, and I did so the following night. I called again to try to confirm if it was received and if it's the correct one, etc. But there's no reponse ever since. I've been calling for a week now, the call always gets forwarded to the machine. I even tried emailing... and still no response yet. I tried calling Apple, but seems like they can't do anything about it. What else can I do? Has anyone got their rebate back? Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I got my rebate about 3 weeks ago.

OP
M

Merlinblack

I got my rebate this week I had the same problem, but I got Apple Canada to fax my invoice (I didn't have one).

They didn't respond to my e-mail to confirm either but the cheque just came in the mail.

Be paitient hopefully next week you will either be able to contact them or will have your cheque.

OP
S

sumomo

Merlinblack said:
I got my rebate this week I had the same problem, but I got Apple Canada to fax my invoice (I didn't have one).

They didn't respond to my e-mail to confirm either but the cheque just came in the mail.

Be paitient hopefully next week you will either be able to contact them or will have your cheque.

Did you call Apple Canada? or you went to the store? 'cause i'm not even sure if the invoice i faxed was the right one, i just printed out the order status under my apple account ...hmmm.

OP
M

Merlinblack

I called apple Canada per the instructions below (I got an e-mail from the rebate center). Once I did that they ignored my e-mail and eventually sent me a cheque.

Apple Rebate Center said:
In order for us to honor your request, we require the following item(s):

Invoice for the Computer
Invoice for the ipod

If you made these purchases at Apple On-Line or the Apple Store, please call
them at 1-800-676-2775 and ask them to fax the missing items directly to us.
You will find our fax number indicated in the following paragraph.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.