Just upgraded my iMAC to Lion

Reaction score
Just upgraded my iMac to Lion. I laso own a Macbook Pro. Do i need to purchase the upgrade twice??

Reaction score
When you open the App Store on your MBP and use the same Apple ID that you bought it with on the iMac you don't have to buy it twice. Instead of "Buy" the button should say "Install" or "Download" - not entirely sure. You can install it on up to 5 machines.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro i5 / 4GB / 250GB
I did a reinstall on my MBP. I had downloaded and saved lion installer for 10.7.1, but wanted to get the Lion installer 10.7.2. I just opened the app store, deleted lion from my purchases window, and went to the lion app page. I selected "buy now" and it allowed me to download it for free based on my purchase code from the MPB purchase. I was able to download the 10.7.2 version, and update my thumb drive with it.

When you open the App Store on your MBP and use the same Apple ID that you bought it with on the iMac you don't have to buy it twice. Instead of "Buy" the button should say "Install" or "Download" - not entirely sure. You can install it on up to 5 machines.

Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.