Eclipse 2.1.2 aand 3.0M4 crashes often on OS X 10.3

F

feijam

Anyone know why Eclipse crashes so often on OS X? It seems to run stable for about 15 - 30 minutes but then suddenly crashes. It runs for less and less time after that until reboot. I am begining to think the problem is in Apple's Java 2 implementation. I can supply more log info if anyone is seeing similar behavior. I have tried many versions of eclipse and both 10.2 and 10.3 OS X. Same results.

The console usually indicates that the JVM tried to access memory incorrectly. Woudn't that indicate that the JVM has a problem rather than Eclipse?

OP
F

feijam

I replaced my ram. problem solved

feijam said:
Anyone know why Eclipse crashes so often on OS X? It seems to run stable for about 15 - 30 minutes but then suddenly crashes. It runs for less and less time after that until reboot. I am begining to think the problem is in Apple's Java 2 implementation. I can supply more log info if anyone is seeing similar behavior. I have tried many versions of eclipse and both 10.2 and 10.3 OS X. Same results.

The console usually indicates that the JVM tried to access memory incorrectly. Woudn't that indicate that the JVM has a problem rather than Eclipse?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
were you using third party RAM?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.