• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

CEO Tim Cook looks to mold a more streamlined Apple

Reaction score
CEO Tim Cook looks to mold a more streamlined Apple

Apple CEO Tim Cook is starting to initiate change at the tech giant, looking to create a more streamlined and disciplined organization without straying from the company's forward thinking culture.

pixel
evnt

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Let's just hope he doesn't do too much too soon, I was really surprised at him saying
"tell me again how this helps me sell more phones?"

If that's all he cares about, we're in trouble.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
eh, unemotionally vested CEO's look for their quaterly/yearly bonus checks. Jobs, was absolutely emotionally vested.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Let's give Tim Cook a chance. He was personally hand picked by Steve Jobs so that ought to tell us something....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 MBP 2.3Ghz Intel dual core i5
Jobs obviously knew how Cook was before he picked him, maybe this was the way Jobs wanted the company to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Let's give Tim Cook a chance. He was personally hand picked by Steve Jobs so that ought to tell us something....

Oh yea, I have no way of ascertaining if Cook's as emotionally invested. That takes time to see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
I don't think the quote about selling phones is too ridiculous. That's something I could imagine Jobs would have said when fielding suggestions for improving/altering the iPhone. Now, if that quote came in the context of discussing iMacs, well....

Reaction score
"He was personally hand picked by Steve Jobs"

While we definitely should give him a chance, lets remember that while not hand picked by Steve Jobs, Jobs was heavily involved in the recruitment of John Sculley.

Do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life or come with me and change the world?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.