Trouble Deleting Files on External HDD

Reaction score
Hi I am having issues deleting two files on my Seagate GoFlex FreeAgent external hard drive. One file is an empty folder I created but didn't use and the other is some kind of weird Unix Executable file that does not work. I have done everything from just moving them to the Trash and going through Terminal and using rm -rf on them. I get error messages when I do anything with the folder or file. If I try sending either to the trash I get "The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8072)."
If I go through Terminal, the command appears to work because nothing happens in the Terminal but also nothing happens to the files on the hard drive. Another piece of information that is important is that this hard drive has one 1TB partition running on NTFS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.