Specific image editing software

Reaction score
The best image editing software I ever had was Paint Shop Pro circa v6-10ish; especially when it came with the Animation programme bundled as well. Both software were so straightforward to use and packed with useful features. For example, the replace colour function I want to you, and PSP's vector text features were excellent.

More years than I can count on; I just can't find software that measures up to what there was a decade ago - can anyone make some useful suggestions?

I've tried GIMP and Inkscape and they both feel overengineered. I've got Pixelmator and it's ok but for the life of me the replace colour tool simply doesn't work for me (if anyone has a dummies guide/video much appreciate..but the colour wheel just doesn't do what it is meant to lol).

Seashore is good; but isn't sophisticated enough - it's tricky looking for the perfect balance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
The only real mac equivalent to PSP is the obvious one, Photoshop

Pixelmator is shapping up well, perhaps look at their forums to see if any users have any great tips.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.