ical event delete

Reaction score
Hi. My boyfriend checked his work email (gmail) on my computer and got an invitation to a meeting (google calendar, I guess). He opened the invitation, and somehow it ended up posting to my ical calendar. When I try to delete it by clicking on it and hitting the delete key, it says that it will send a notice to the sender that I'm declining and deleting the event from my calendar. This would be very awkward because I was never invited in the first place! His work people would be like, "Who the heck is MaryAnne, she doesn't work here!" Will the sender of the invitation or anyone else see that the event was somehow opened on my computer and posted to my calendar? Or should I just ignore the event on my ical and hope no one will see that it was opened by my computer? I don't understand how HIS email account could post something to MY ical. Please help!!

OP
M
Reaction score
Added note: I really don't care much about deleting the event from my ical. What I'm really concerned is that his work (the sender of the meeting invitation and others who view the invitation) will see my name on the list somehow. When I click on the event in my ical, it shows me as having been invited. Please someone just tell me (with accuracy) that my name will not show up in their system and that my ical is just showing me this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.