Personal Finacial Software - New to Mac

Reaction score
I know this is a sore subject with Mac users, but I am lightweight in the personal financial needs category. I don't travel the world or have a huge wall street portfolio. I need a simple software that will allow me to manage and reconcile my bank accounts and credit cards.

My main question....Are there any current personal financial software packages for Mac that allow multiple users on the same computer or network to read and write to the same data file. In other words, I would like for wife and I to be able to use the same data file. This was never an issue with Quicken for Windows, but it seems to be an area of oversight in the Mac version.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I know this is a sore subject with Mac users, but I am lightweight in the personal financial needs category. I don't travel the world or have a huge wall street portfolio. I need a simple software that will allow me to manage and reconcile my bank accounts and credit cards.

My main question....Are there any current personal financial software packages for Mac that allow multiple users on the same computer or network to read and write to the same data file. In other words, I would like for wife and I to be able to use the same data file. This was never an issue with Quicken for Windows, but it seems to be an area of oversight in the Mac version.

I am one that thinks that financial management software is obsolete and oversold, but having gotten that out of my system, have you looked at mint.com?

EDIT: Just because and in case you are interested, my previous rant (longer and more detailed) on financial software

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-apps-games/246537-quicken-alternatives.html

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm online looking right now. It looks interesting. I would like to hear others opinions on Mint as well. Any threads on Mint?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
I just signed up for Mint.com last week but so far I'm really impressed. It lets you pull all of your accounts in one place, tracks spending, lets you set budgets, goals, bill reminders. Pretty much anything a basic financial program would allow and it's free. Pretty awesome and also has an iPad and iPhone app.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.