Multiple IDs, multiple devices

Reaction score
Hello,

I know this question have been asked several times but there were different answers. I'll try to make it short, but please help me out. I've been counting the days for ios5 from the 1st day apple announced it, but then I was afraid to update.

1- I have 2 (Gmail) accounts, I purchase apps with both. Will I be able to use both on all my devices if I didn't enable automatic downloads. Am I going to be able to sync apps from each account.

2- should I associate icloud with one of them OR a completely new .me account. If I'm going to use one of them should I choose the one used for most of the downloads.

3- some people say that we should make a clean installation for ios5, does that mean I'll Lose my game scores and folders.. Can I skip that and just update or will the ios5 automatically make a clean update.

I don't want to make the wrong decision because I'm traveling in a few days without my laptop, and I don't want to have any problems with my iPad/iPhone while I'm away.

Sorry it's too long, thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I did not loose a thing going to iOS5 on my iPad (1) or my iPhone 4 but when you sync it should back-up and on the summary page it will give you a last back up date make note of it.
As for two iTunes accounts can't really answer that as I have always had one but if they able to work before not sure why they would not now.
The iCloud uses either your Apple ID or your Mobile Me ID I choose the later works great for the things I wanted offsite.

OP
Z
Reaction score
thanks osxx, I only asked because on some sites folks said that its better to make a clean installation for ios5 (which I think they mean that we don't restore it back to avoid any cache memory and history that might have caused hiccups for ios4. As for icloud I'm still thinking about it..

Thanks for your help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.