My Mac does not have TextEdit???

Reaction score
I know you guys are probably like "That's impossible!" but I have looked everywhere for it on my MacBook Pro and I cannot seem to find it. I using the most updated software. Can someone either tell me a failsafe way to find it or give me a download link please? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
i know you said you looked but are you sure its not in your applications folder ?

OP
K
Reaction score
Yes I checked there and a lot of other places. I found a suitable replacement, or maybe the actual thing, and it seems to be doing the job as of right now. I just thought all Macs came with TextEdit to begin with....

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I know you guys are probably like "That's impossible!" but I have looked everywhere for it on my MacBook Pro and I cannot seem to find it. I using the most updated software. Can someone either tell me a failsafe way to find it or give me a download link please? Thanks.

Did you try searching your computer with "Spotlight"?

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yes I did. Like I said, I think I tried every method for searching.

Actually you didn't say that you "tried every method for searching"...what you did say is you "looked everywhere for it".

"Looking everywhere for it"...is not the same as "I think that I tried every method for searching".

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Did you open Finder and use search for TextEdit ?
If you have Time Machine up and running you can get it back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
If you really havnt got it and you have your install disc's or if Lion (you dont specify what OS you are using and i dont know what the "updated software" is) and you have a USB with it on it, dl Pacifist and extract just the TextEdit .pkge and you will be right to go :)

Cheers

OP
K
Reaction score
Actually you didn't say that you "tried every method for searching"...what you did say is you "looked everywhere for it".

"Looking everywhere for it"...is not the same as "I think that I tried every method for searching".

- Nick

Well you knew what I meant, and I am not trying to be mean or anything lol.

I think I found a replacement, and I don't have Time Machine running, and I did search in Finder. Thanks anyways guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well you knew what I meant, and I am not trying to be mean or anything lol.

I think I found a replacement, and I don't have Time Machine running, and I did search in Finder. Thanks anyways guys.

Did you not see this post ?? Its simple enough to get if you have either install DVD's or Lion USB

If you really havnt got it and you have your install disc's or if Lion (you dont specify what OS you are using and i dont know what the "updated software" is) and you have a USB with it on it, dl Pacifist and extract just the TextEdit .pkge and you will be right to go :)

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.