Please help--letters

D

daveinozbikes

I wish to type a letter then print it out.Sounds simple but I don"t know where to start and being new to Apple and OSX am lost..could someone guide me please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest
daveinozbikes said:
I wish to type a letter then print it out.Sounds simple but I don"t know where to start and being new to Apple and OSX am lost..could someone guide me please?

Ok......
bit basic but....
I take it you dont have iWork or M$ Office for Mac so....

Go into Apple WOrks in your Harddrive applications and then select Word Proccesing, type your letter and print.! any more help email me cos that is just a quick explanation: [email protected]

IRule

PS: if you dont no do you no how to type a letter access your HD etc??? Cos you should check that out before buying an Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
Also, if you just recently bought your system and haven't opened up the iWork preview yet then you can still you that for 30 days from the first time you open. When in iWork, Pages is the word-processing program. The Microsoft Office Test Drive doesn't allow you to print, but the iWork does.

-Taylor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
I have a hard time believing this isn't a bogus post but in effort to help all who are in need I'll bite. :)

If you don't have Office or iWork, you can at least use TextEdit.
Macintosh HD > Applications > TextEdit

You'll have to make sure the printer is in your list of available printers.
Go to System Preferences > Print & Fax
If it's not listed click the + button.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
OpenOffice, which is a free word processor, might be better for you in the long run, if your needs are very basic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33 Ghz, 768 RAM
Go to your Hard Drive, Applications, Appleworks. All your office needs are there.

Hope this helps
Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.