New user:preferred networks issue:clock issue:mail issue

Reaction score
Hello Mac Forums
AT LAST I have a mac! Second hand and a bit old but I am delighted to get a toe in the water. I have a Mac Mini (early 2007 I think) with a 1.66 GHz intel Duo core and 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. Currently running OSX 10.6.8 (What all that means I have not very much idea but figured it may have a bearing in some way)
I'm struggling with 3 things at the mo

1. The system will not remember my preferred wireless network and each time I wake or start her up I have to put in the WEP key .
I've checked the box to say remember me each time I've put the password in and been into System preferences and done the same.

2. On start up I sometimes get a message to say that the date and time needs setting and that certain functions may not work etc, However when I go into System preferences >date and time to set them I find that the clock is correct as is the date

3. Now and again (and seemingly randomly) Mail jumps up from the dock to tell me that I need to put in my IMAP password again

None of these are particularly life threatening but they are annoying - I'm so used to my work PC and lap top being a pain that this level of irritation is standable but I just wanted my Mac to be all singing as I am sure, with your help it will be.

Thanks

Nick :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.