Keyboard issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium MacBook, 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 Gig Memory, GeForce 9400M, 160 GB HD, Snow Leopard.
Hi guys,

Have a problem with my keyboard that is driving me round the twist. Basically certain letters don't work and it seems random. The only letters consistently not working seem to be I, K and also the comma key. R and Y also stop working randomly on occasion. Here is the big problem; I can't enter my password as it contains the letter 'I' and that never works and I also cannot enter any of the startup key combinations. When I do enter them the computer boots as normal until the password screen and then I'm stuck as I cannot enter the password. Have removed hard drive and booted from my old Macbook hard drive and have the same problem.

I have absolutely no idea what the problem is or how to solve it so hopefully you chaps can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Has anything spilled on the keyboard ?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium MacBook, 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 Gig Memory, GeForce 9400M, 160 GB HD, Snow Leopard.
Thanks for the reply.

Nothing spilt on it. Last Macbook was killed by wine so am extremely vigilant regarding liquids around my new one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.