screen flickers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PB 1.5, 512 ram, superdrive, one sexy computer!
I have a PB G4 15 inch 1.5ghz. A few weeks ago, the screen would flicker every now and then. It occurred when I was running on the battery only. It didn't happen for a while. Then last night after running a video from my computer to a tv using s-video output for about 2 hours using the battery, when I went to get my computer, I turned the screen brightness all the way up and it started to flicker constantly. I turned down the brightness to the minimum and it stopped. Then I turned it up some and it would flicker when I would use the trackpad. All the way up and it flickered constantly. I went to charge it some and unplugged it and it did the same. Now, it's been running off power for a day and I unplugged it and there is no problem.

I read somewhere that this could be a problem with the inverter board. Anyone know anything else?

last year (only 1 month after buying the computer) I had a problem with the logic board and sent it back to apple only to have it take 4 weeks to get back to me. I eventually complained to a supervisor. She expedited the repair, I asked about compensation for my troubles and she said that if I ever had a problem with my computer, they would replace it with a new unit, even if it's an upgraded model.

So anyone know of this problem? I'm going to try calling them tomorrow. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.