VMWare Fusion

Reaction score
I recently got a Macbook Pro (with Lion OS) to replace an earlier Macbook Pro which had been running VMWare Fusion version 1. So I got Fusion 4 and installed it with Windows XP. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. The first time I tried to re-launch, it got stuck in suspension and I haven't been able to get it to work. I tried a re-install; that didn't help. I figure I need to uninstall first. Can't find an uninstaller despite reading several threads (through library/, through the VMWare icon). Can't find it. I don't know if I need to reinstall Windows as well. I don't think so. Please help.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There should be an uninstaller on the Fusion disk image (if I remember correctly when I ran the trial). Do you still have it? If not, download the trial - the uninstaller should be included there.

OP
L
Reaction score
VMware Fusion

Thanks. I tried clicking and double-clicking the icon, but all I get is "VMware cannot run from this volume . . . " and buttons for "cancel", "choose folder" and "copy to application".

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Copy the uninstaller to your Mac and try again.

OP
L
Reaction score
The trouble is that although I see the icon, I don't see the uninstaller anywhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.