Bridge CS5: Images burned to CD work on Mac, but not PC?

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm having a bit of an issue with my Adobe Bridge CS5 and my Macbook Pro. I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but I did not know where else to turn!

I am a photographer, and ever since upgrading to Snow Leopard over the summer and switching from iPhoto to Adobe Bridge CS5, I have been having a lot of issues with the images I burn onto CDs for clients not working on their Windows PC computers.

When I save my images from Photoshop, I save them as the original file name and then "copy", for example "20110820_RectorWedding_0159 copy.jpg". This is so that when I retouch the images for my clients, they have their "professionally edited" photograph, as well as the original. I then burn all of these images onto a CD. When I burn the CDs, I simply drag and drop the files into the burn folder... like normal.

But, like I said, the images open perfectly fine on Mac computers, but not for anyone with a PC. When they try to look at the photos, the files are there, but the thumbnail is blank and the image will not load when they try to open it. This even happens when I've tried using a flashdrive.

I tried calling Adobe support, and after being on hold with them for 22 minutes, the guy I was speaking with was at a loss of what to do... so here I am! :(

If anyone else has had this problem, how did you fix it? Or, any advice? Is it something with my settings? I tried Googling this problem but can't seem to find anything.

Thank you SO much in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.