iTunes: CD import breaks into multiple albums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
When I insert a CD into my iMac, the tracks and names list normally. However, once the IMPORT function has completed, each track has been separated into its own listing---it's as though I have a dozen or so new albums, each with the same name, but with only one music track in it. Have I missed a switch or a setting somewhere? [OSx 10.7.2; iTunes 10.5]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Check your preferences, but also play about with the display options (columns for artist, album etc), and the little arrows on the columns.
I suspect it's the display options that are set wrong though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Also check to make sure the Album Artist details are the same. This happens a lot with compilation albums.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
You are right! While the album title was the same for all entries, I hadn't noticed that the artists shown below the album title were subtly different. When I changed them to the same thing, the tracks jumped immediately into one album. Maybe that's why most compilation albums I have show "various artists" in that spot. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.