MBP 15" image flickering

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 2,2Quadcore 8gb
Hello,

I own an early 2011 macbook pro 15" i7. After a few weeks of happy computing I bumped into a little problem. Some gradient images seem to be flickering. It isnt a big problem to be honest, but with one program that I use frequently (zbrush) I find its quite irritating.

I can't find any related problems on the zbrush forums and googling the problem didnt answer my question. I wonder if it's hardware related and only my Macbook pro or other people have similar problems.

Could you guys check this screenshot and tell me if it seems flickery to you? And if you encountered a similar problem?

Thanks in advance

Imageshack - screenshot20111030at843.png

p.s. Try scaling the image, it seems to trigger different flickers to me.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
180 views and no reply, please just check the image on fullscreen and tell me if it's flickery on your macbook or not.

The image provided is just a screenshot from my macbook running zbrush.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If your Mac is exhibiting flickering, a static image is not going to allow anyone else to see it.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The flickering only apears in certain images, these images contain small lines next to eachother. For example a gradient that is used in Zbrush's canvas.

The fact that the flickering apears on that sort of images makes me think its not only my macbook pro. And that is the reason why I'm asking you guys to take a look at this gradient, and check if it's flickering on your screen aswell.

p.s. the flickering of the image is most noticable when watched full screen.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"sigh"

So yeah, I let a few people I know that also have a 15" macbook check the image. They also see the flickering. Thanks for the help guys...

Jeez so many people read my post, still no one even cared to check the image. Except for one random dude that didn't understand the question and herped all about.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.