iCloud question ?

jif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27' iMac i5 (2010)  iPad2  iPhone5  iPhone 4S  Apple TV2  iP
since i upgraded to iOS 5, my iTunes always shows my iPad as connected in the devices tab... whether my iPad is connected or not

However my iPhone doesn't show and I have to connect it to my iMac in order it shows in iTunes..

I'm confused why one is perm connected the other not so.

Is this right, I like the idea that its connected all the time, and I'd like my iPhone to be connected permanently too

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Just checked both show up in mine but I did enable to sync via wi-fi.on both.

OP
J

jif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm yeah, i've checked my settings on both my iPhone and iPad and the settings are exactly the same, both have wifi sync enabled, yet only the iPad shows up

i dunt understand

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
this might be a dumb request, but, have you tried ejecting the iPad and then shutting iTunes down and reversing the sequence....stop WiFi sync then re-enable, iPhone first, etc..

J

OP
J

jif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
there's no dumb questions when i'm about.. lol

i'll try that thanks

OP
J

jif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
when i look at my 'iTunes wifi sync' options on my iPhone, it states I can auto sync with iTunes when the phone is plugged in and connected to wifi. The phone won't let me sync if its not plugged in

however the iPad 'wifi sync states the same statement, that it will automatically sync when plugged into power and within a wifi area... yet when the iPad ISN'T plugged in the sync option is still available, and the iPad shows in iTunes ?

OP
J

jif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hang on..... i've just noticed a setting 'sync with this phone over wifi' in the iTunes summary page,

I have a feeling this was the setting i missed, as they now both show in iTunes without being connected... I think for the first time I've actually fixed this issue myself...

thanks as always though, you guys out there are just a wealth of knowledge and experience, and it's great to be able to have access to that when I'm stuck

thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
have you turned on the sync wirelessly in iTunes in addition to your iPhone?

EDIT: and are you using the latest iTunes 10?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.