Connecting Panasonic wireless TV to Airport Extreme

Reaction score
So Panasonic provides a wireless connection but it needs 3 specific ports open on the router. I just switched from a Linksys router where setting ports open was easy to an Airport Extreme. On this I found a public and private network setting under the Advanced - Port Mapping tab. I have no idea what data I should insert, so I chose Personal Web Sharing then inserted the 3 port values (which are standard for Panasonic TVs and set as 80, 443 and 48705) in the Public TCP Port(s) field which then automatically showed up in the Private TCP Field. It then goes to the next screen where I did not check 'Advertise Globally ..' but just clicked Done. This process did not work on the TV, so the ports which have to be open are still not open as far as the TV is concerned.

If someone has done this successfully and can share it with me I will provide Panasonic customer service with the info and then others can use it. There experience has been with Linksys routers.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Moved post to it's own thread.

OP
P
Reaction score
Well, this much I know about my Panasonic. Even though the TV was bought just 3 weeks ago and after several hours on the phone with Panasonic it turns out that the software is very out of date (3 versions old) and I am securing a software update from them (SCard) and will try it when I get it (2-3 days). Panasonic issued this because the older software does not like Airport Extreme Router. May be the same is true for you.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Appreciate you posting back on what's happening. Good luck with the firmware update from Panasonic.

I have, however, moved your post to the prior thread. Getting the wifi network card of the TV to connect to a router is a different proposition than connecting a computer to a TV and is deserving of it's own thread - particularly for anyone else that may be looking for this topic.

Please do keep us informed as to the outcome. Thanks.

Reaction score
Opening Ports to Connect to Panasonic HDTV

I can't find where you moved this topic about opening ports to connect with a Panasonic TV. I'm having the same problem and would like to read more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.