icloud address book

Reaction score
I have just installed lion and iCloud seems to be working well with iCal between my iPhone and Macbook Pro. address book however is not. Firstly I had to spend a lot of time deleting duplicates. The find duplicate function was not doing the trick. After having made some edits, these edits are not making there way to iCloud and therefore obviously to my iPhone. I have noticed that there are two groups on my phone i.e. iCloud and iPhone. I don't know whether this sheds any light in the matter.

Reaction score
You have to use the addressbook on iCloud and not the one on your iPhone.

I had the same issue on my iMac, untill i saw that both iCloud and a local copy on my Mac where in use.

I removed the local addressbook copy, and are only using iCloud addressbook on all my devices ...now it works perfectly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 20" 2 GHZ 4MB, Macbook, Iphone, Ipod Touch
OK, how did you close the local address book? I have added to the address book on my Imac, but those entries are NOT in the ICloud address book.

Reaction score
I removed the local copy on my Mac, by choosing the contacts "red ribbon" on top on the contactbook, the page is flipping and you see all your contact books.

I removed the local one (on my Mac) so only the iCloud contact book was there ...you may want to make a backup of your contact, just in case.

No your new contact where added to your local copy of your contactbook, as it is probably default ...you need to use iCloud contact as default on all devices for this to work.

Try to open Addressbook, click settings and account ...tick "make this account active" on Icloud..don't know the exact words used in your language.

Sorry for the bad explanation, but I was just finding my way to make iCloud work too, and this is as I remember and I'm not sure you need to remove the local copy at all, but you for sure need to make iCloud active and default

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.