OSX Crash "You need to restart your computer"

Reaction score
Every time I try to upload to a site using any browser BUT safari, OSX crashes. Why might this be?

I have tried resetting PRAM, starting on OSX, etc. (everything the official site says), but to no avail.

I really need to save a site on tumblr, but I can't do anything, because I need to restart. Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Sounds like you are getting what's called a kernal panic that is forcing you to restart.

As a first idea, if you have another user account on that mac then try and upload from the other account. If you haven,t another user account then create one in the Accounts preference pane.

That will at least tell us if the Kernal Panic is just some issue with your User account of is an OS wide issue

OP
SamessesII
Reaction score
Yeah, well our computer is a model from 2008.

In response to the question about trying it in a different user:
It works! I can successfully upload etc using firefox! Why might that be, and how can I stop it from happening on my user?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Try uninstalling any A/V software, PeerGuardian, etc. that you have installed.

OP
SamessesII
Reaction score
We haven't installed any Antivirus software or anything like that. I fiddled with the Java preferences, do you think it might be that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.