• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple rumored to take on Google's 3D maps with superior technology

Reaction score
Apple rumored to take on Google's 3D maps with superior technology

Evidence continues to point to Apple actively developing a 3D mapping surface through a combination of acquisitions and in-house development, with recent rumors suggesting that the iPhone maker has acquired a Swedish 3D mapping company.

pixel
evnt

Read more

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Any reason why you need a different mapping application? Google Maps seems to work pretty well as-is. Remember, we're talking about a mapping application - what else does one need beyond accuracy?

It's obviously sufficient for Apple - they've depended heavily on it for years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Any reason why you need a different mapping application? Google Maps seems to work pretty well as-is. Remember, we're talking about a mapping application - what else does one need beyond accuracy?

It's obviously sufficient for Apple - they've depended heavily on it for years.

This. Also, when is Apple going to work with Google to bring some version of the Navigation app to the iPhone? The fact this is available pre-installed/free on Android phones is a huge selling point for people that drive a lot.

Reaction score
This. Also, when is Apple going to work with Google to bring some version of the Navigation app to the iPhone? The fact this is available pre-installed/free on Android phones is a huge selling point for people that drive a lot.

This is what i was talking about. if there going to put the money into maps i would assume there going to work on a Nav app. Which is what i am excited about.

Also i wouldnt say that google maps is that accurate. Ever been to Hawaii and tried to use it? It stinks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.