Capping CPU speed no battery fix?

Reaction score
I have an older MBP with 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo and 3GB of RAM model A1211 running Lion. The thing is that my battery icon on the menu bar is a little battery icon with a small "x" inside it. I looked it up and it mentions that pretty much my battery is not working properly anymore, either that or it won't detect the battery itself anymore. The funny thing is that my computer will run on battery power even if I have that little icon on the menu bar, it actually runs pretty good on battery. I looked up that apple laptops are throttled down by slowing the CPU when no battery is detected, is there a way to check that my laptop may be slowed down due to the crossed out battery icon? I also noticed some drop is speed from time to time, although I don't know if there is a relation between this and the battery icon. Is there a way to tell the laptop that there IS a battery and is running properly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
 > About This Mac >More Info > Power What does it state about your battery
it should tell you full charge and current charge along with cycles and condition.

OP
C
Reaction score
Well, this is what came out... although it is not detected, it runs fine on battery power.

Screen Shot 2011-10-29 at 5.02.06 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.