Faxing with Macmini

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini,Ver.10.14.6, 3.6 GHz Intel Core i3, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
I have a Macmini running Os X Snow Leopard 10.6.8.; 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3.

I don't know if you can help me or if I'm in the right area of the forum. I have a HP Officejet J4680 which has fax capabilities with Mac. I can fax OK from the printer and I can fax from my computer. I know the Mac printer software doesn't offer the HP Solution Center where you can fax, scan, copy and fax from the computer. It's just available in Windows and maybe some newer printers running Mac. My problem is this. Nowhere on my computer can I find a fax log. I can print the fax log from the printer and there is a fax log on my XP netbook because of the Solution Center. I contacted HP and they had me uninstall all HP software and repair/fix my HD and then reinstall everything, and still no fax log anywhere. In the manual it states you can view the fax log from HP Photosmart Studio software. It doesn't work for me. When I go into the Mac Preferences and click on Software Update, shouldn't there be updates for HP software? There is no HP software listed in the Installed Software column. HP also told me I could view the fax log from HP Utility. It's not the®e either. I don't think this is a Mac issue, but I was just wondering if someone out there might have the J4680 printer and the same issues as me. It would be nice to have a fax log.

Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.