PLEASE HELP! Mouse and Keyboard not responding..

Reaction score
Hi I have a Mac Mini with leopard and my mouse and keyboard will not respond. My batteries are good. Wired mouse/keyboard will not work either. The keyboard will respond before the OS starts (when I hold down option to get into boot options) The only thing i did that might of cause this is hold down option control shift delete to try to boot from USB.. btw my cd drive doesnt work :Blushing: but i have a external cd drive with the restore cds.. i tried putting in the restore cd and held down 'c' but that didnt do anything.

OP
D
Reaction score
ok

so i also found out that my NONE of my USB ports are working. I was able to connect to my computer remotely through my phone. Bluetooth and USB not showing up in my system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
You say the keyboard will respond before the OS completely boots so try resetting the
NVRAM/PRAM by holding down the command,option and P and R keys until restart.

OP
D
Reaction score
I tried that and heard the second beep to confirm it reset but still not working :/ Thanks though

OP
D
Reaction score
Yea that didnt work Harry but thats for trying.. Resetting SMC is just basically unplugging the computer for 15 seconds right? (mac mini)

as far as the bluetooth. under profiler it says not available and same under USB

OP
D
Reaction score
I restarted it and held down option and the mouse works when trying to select a start-up drive but when it starts they stop working so i know its a software issue..

I picked up another external dvd/cd drive and put in the boot disk (USB ports work when i first turn it on) but when I hold down 'C' nothing happens... any thoughts?

kru

Reaction score
hi dondoola,

i am facing a similar issue with my imac. did something work for you?

thanks!

Reaction score
Same problem here. I need to do a disk repair and when booting from USB install of snow leopard to get into disk repair my mouse freezes and I can't do anything. When booting from the hard drive again mouse works but disk still needs repairs. Has anyone found a solution yet? Thank-you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.