App stuck in Newsstand - How can I move it?

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just got myself a new iPhone. Restored an iPod back up & immediately (I've not done a thing), the Compass app is in the newsstand folder. I have no idea how it got there & due to the nature of how newsstand works, I cannot move the Compass app out.

I've tried both on the phone & from within iTunes, but it's not budging. Siri doesn't know how to fix this either.

Has anyone got a suggestion?

Russ.

IMG_0155.PNG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hey Russ, have you tried to delete it instead of moving it ??
By that i mean tap the icon and hold it down until the icons begin shaking. Now you will get the 'x' in the top left corner of all the Apps. Now just tap the 'x' on the App you want removed (in this instance the compass.app) and it should be gone.
Now I'm not sure what will happen when you re-sync it. Will it sync back to the news stand or just in the general population ?? Who knows until you try, and that being if you can delete it from your iPhone ??
This is all conjecture considering i don't have Newstand and don't understand how it works.

After all that lol is it a paid App ?? If not though it shouldn't really matter, delete it from iTunes and resync it to your phone, and it then shouldn't be there ??
Confused because i am lol
Hope it helps some anyways and be sure to post back if my post was way off the mark :)

Cheers

OP
F
Reaction score
Hey Russ, have you tried to delete it instead of moving it ??

The Compass App is a built in app (Like Contacts, Calendar etc...) so I can't uninstall it.

However you have prompted an idea around Restrictions (You know, how you can 'switch off' iTunes, YouTube, Installing Apps etc...) but the Compass is not listed. It was a long shot, but worth a look.

Thanks for the suggestion, but this isn't one of the options I'm afraid. Russ.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you can't do it on the Touch, I'd probably try to resync and see if you can move it on the App tab in iTunes.

OP
F
Reaction score
Well,

Somehow, it's fixed. I've literally done nothing. No restore, no attempting to move apps. I've just ignored the problem until someone could come up with a solution. This evening, I've just happened to notice, the app is back where it needed to be. Outside Newsstand.

Another user had the same issue & fixed it with a restore so maybe that's the answer & I just got lucky.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16562403#16562403

Russ.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.