Boot Camp problem

Reaction score
I need your help!
i'd divided my macbook pro's partition into 2 partition.. After that i continue with windows installation..

When i'm installing windows right, i need to choose a partition to install
but there is few partition in my macbook pro.
there are 4 partitions inside there..
1st one is partition 0 disk 1
0 disk 2
0 disk 3
and the last one is boot camp one...

I have reformatted my macbook pro for 2 times..
how?

Sorry for the bad englsh

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You pick the Boot Camp Partition for the Windows install. You run Bootcamp and it makes the partition then reboots into the Windows installer. There pick the Bootcamp partition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
So be clear as dtravis7 states, you do not make the partition in Disk Utility. Go into Disk Utility and see if you can delete that partition you made. Open Bootcamp Assistant and print the guidelines, read them, download drivers and burn to a CD, and proceed from there.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
So be clear as dtravis7 states, you do not make the partition in Disk Utility. Go into Disk Utility and see if you can delete that partition you made. Open Bootcamp Assistant and print the guidelines, read them, download drivers and burn to a CD, and proceed from there.

Thanks Harry for posting the additional info. Was in a hurry when I posted that and did not go into a lot of detail.

Reaction score
You pick the Boot Camp Partition for the Windows install. You run Bootcamp and it makes the partition then reboots into the Windows installer. There pick the Bootcamp partition.

I have the same problem as the OP! I've made my Windows Support USB stick. I've partitioned my disc with Bootcamp....I've then started the Windows7 Installer from an original disc I have, it then asks me what partition I want to use, so I've put the Bootcamp one that I've set up. From the Apple support info I've then formatted that partition and continue to try and install Windows with no joy. It says that it can't find a suitable partition to intall (or words to that effect!!).....am I missing something here?? I would be grateful for any advice!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go into Bootcamp Assistant in Utilities and print the guidelines and study them. Quite explicit that Bootcamp sets out the partition, and then formats it for you. The Bootcamp partition will come up named Bootcamp, and away you go. If things are not working Bootcamp will remove the partition for you, and then start again. You can only have two partitions to a drive.

What type of Windows 7 disc are you using? Not a disc from Dell HP etc? Has to be a full version or OEM, and not a tied 'in-house' disc. Also as you have to activate Windows 7, you will need a disc that has not been used before, or not on a computer.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I've now managed to do it. I had been following all Apple's instructions.....but the problem was that I'd left the usb stick with Windows support in the Mac. I started from the beginning again, having taken out the usb stick and it installed straight away!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.