Java SE 6 Problem: Pls Help!

Reaction score
Running Firefox 7.0.1 in Mac OS 10.6.8. After updating to the current version of Java SE 6 (v. 1.6.0_26) I am unable to utilize an important web-based software tool that is essential to my business (Real Estate) that relies on Java. The developer, ZipLogix, blames Apple. Apple tech support blames Oracle. Oracle tech support won't help because it's a free download that they don't support & they recommend running Software Update which says I have the current version. I believe there exists a Java 6_29 that might, maybe, solve my problem, but apparently Oracle hasn't sent it to Apple because it doesn't come up in Software Update. Even Oracle's site, instead of allowing a download of 6_29, directs you back to Software Update!

Or, maybe I should somehow delete the Java that's currently installed (is this even possible? how would I do it?) & roll back to a previous version (e.g. Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 5; This release updates Java SE 6 to version 1.6.0 _15). If so, how do I install it?

So...I'm stuck. Anybody know a work-around? Thanks!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.