Buying Ram for imac G5 in UK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 2.1Ghz
Where can I pick up a 1gb stick for the best price in the UK. The best I've found so far is £85. Is that good? I want to add it to a 512. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
memory

hey

no good - he wants a 1 gig stick.

there are two banks in their maxing at 2 gig

i picked up a gig stick on ebay at a killer price cos the guy did'nt really know what he was selling and he did'nt advertise it properly - crazy

£85 is good from a retailer

but shop around on ebay memory is memory and loads of 1 gig sticks sold for the pc fraternity will fit - (just make sure first before you buy)

regards

L

lil

brendan67 said:
hey

no good - he wants a 1 gig stick.

regards

Oops :flower:

Read the 512MB bit as add 512MB!

Indeed £85 is good, but I do recommend Kingston or Crucial mem, maybe more expensive but lifetime warranty and more reliable.

Many weird behaviour and crash patterns can occur due to cheap RAM, plus cheap RAM can be slow and hamper the full speed boost you can actually get from more memory.

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
i would recommend getting it from Crucial, where you are guaranteed compatibility, (pick your machine from the list) plus it has a lifetime warranty and free delivery.

http://www.crucial.com/uk

FWIW, when I put my iMac G5 in the selector, a 1 GB stick comes out at £90 (including VAT) and no delivery charge. Not bad for the lifetime guarantee/compatibility guarantee.

Y

Yeungster

I've always bought my memory from crucial UK. Cheap and very reliable.

I'll be buying 2x1gb sticks for my imac too soon, from 2x512 to 2gb

H

heysidays

Does the new imac come with 2x256MB ram or one 512mb chip.
If I wanted to upgrade, (I thinking about buting new imac) i would have to buy either 2x512mb or 2x1gb?? Am I right or wrong??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33 Ghz, 768 RAM
The iMac comes with 1X512MB so really I would go for 1X1GB stick and take it to 1.5GB why waste your money on 2X1GB sticks.

At home I use an iMac with 1.5GB and at work I use an iMac with 2GB and there is not really that much difference between them. So I would save your extra cash and buy an Airport Express or an iPod Nano.

Hope this helps
Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.