• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie

D

diim

Ok lets see if I can explain this right!

I'm editing some clips that I just downloaded from my DV Cam to my mac. There are about 5 clips in the beggining of the video where I muted the sound while the Cam moves a around and I added some music to it. With in those 5 clips I have added some transitions. Now between each trantision when the time line hits it I get a popping sound, it's the original sound from the clips (cars driving by) but I removed all the sound from those clips unless I did it wrong. I select the clip and lower the volume then add the transition. Now If I remove the transitions then the sound disapears, once I add the transitions again the sound appears again.

I hope this makes sence. Should I have added the transitions first then lower the sound?

Any tips for a new user?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest
diim said:
Anyone......help?

Should I try to explain this more clear?
what program are you using to edit-it?

OP
D

damontgo

try extracting the audio from the video, so they will appear as 2 separate clips in iMovie. then you should be able to just cut out the parts of your audio clip where the popping occurs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.