AppleTV photo sort order

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac book pro
My Apple TV was just updated, I think it is now 4.4.2 or whatever.

When I view my photos in their albums using Apple TV, the photos are no longer in the order as sorted by iPhoto. Even if I resorted the items in iPhoto again and re-choose albums to share from iTunes, the photos that showed up in Apple TV are still in the wrong order and not the same as in iPhoto. What did I do wrong? What can I do to fix that?

It was good before the update. Apple TV used to obey iPhoto sort order. Not any more. Did anything changed?

Please help.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Updated apple TV resorts photos in iPhoto

I have exactly the same problem since I updated my Apple TV. This is really annoying since it is clearly related to the update: fortunately I have a second apple TV, which I have not updated - and it does not resort the photos. My iPad also shows the photos in the right order.

I hope Apple can fix this soon.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac book pro
Thank you. I feel a lot less lonely now. And yes, I had been using my iPad2 to do my presentation because the photos are sorted in the order I want.

This is a strange step backward. I remember when I first got my Apple TV 2, it had this problem of not sorting properly. Then it was fixed via some updates. Now we got kicked back to square one.

The software supervisor is not paying attention. May be all the old programmers retired and they hired kids to do write the new codes now?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.