Remove Guest User?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27'' 2011 i7
Everytime i start my Mac, i get to choose if i want to log in on my account or as Guest User, i find that Guest User account really annoying. Can i delete the ''Guest User'', and if so, how do i do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
You don't necessarily have to delete it in case you may want to use it later and really I'm not even sure how to but what you can do is disable the Guest account. Go to System Preferences > Users & Groups > then make sure the lock is unlocked so you can make changes. Select the Guest account and you have a check box to disable the Guest account as well as you can even remove guests from accessing the shared folders.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you're talking about Lion, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > click the lock and check "Disable restarting to Safari when screen is locked." I know it doesn't make sense but that guest account is part of a new feature in Lion that allows users to restart into Safari.

OP
Hoya88
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27'' 2011 i7
Thanks for the help guys!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.