iPhone4S battery issue (iOS5 or phone)

Reaction score
sorry for the double thread dont know if hardware or IOS5 tread

I did not find any thread on the new iphone 4 s..........battery :hard to make a day.

ALl is off, cloud, (i hava no Siri (Canada)), no wifi , no blootooth , nothing on caledar and reminders, no sent data, .GPS OFF ,

i am in 2G......... in 3 G it is worst.

just one thing is ON notifications on CALLS , that S ALL.

no mail to receive, nothing.

i do a bit surf on web, and some calls.

battery % is dropping like a watch lol

is it battery or software ?

i did use battrey doctor to a sure full charge twice.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I removed your duplicate post.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I have a 4S but haven't seen that problem yet - although I rarely make phone calls on it. The battery does need charging at the end of the day though - regardless of my use. If you think it's discharging abnormally fast - take it in to be looked at.

You haven't given anyone much to comment on - for example...after 3hrs of web surfing I'm at 10% or after 1 call 35% is used. I'm not sure there's anything here to answer. Perhaps go back and quantify what you're experiencing and the circumstances under which you experience it and post back?

OP
F
Reaction score
ok, after 3 hours of web and 5 minutes phone call.......100% fresh charge down to 20%...

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
My iPhone 4s was down to approximately 70% with similar use - 2 hours of call, 1 hour of surfing.

OP
F
Reaction score
My iPhone 4s was down to approximately 70% with similar use - 2 hours of call, 1 hour of surfing.

good battery because the specs are 6 hours of surfing or 6 hours phone on 3 G.

and you are above 50%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first time in all forums that a phone is above 20% higher than the specs ,

normally some are better than mine but not at your level

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
I am sure a contributing factor must be how close you are to a cell tower which affects signal strength.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That thread is definitely a little disconcerting

OP
F
Reaction score
the thing is that new users of iphone think that it is normal that battery is not better than android phone.

owner s of previous iphone knows the battery life of these smart phones.

Reaction score
I've noticed drainage of battery due to location based services (setting time zone to be specific) But besides that its been semi-normal. Wh

I have already reset my 4S due to a wifi sync problem so maybe something along those lines will at least help?

OP
F
Reaction score
apple enginners or tech try to figure out if it is harware or software because iphone 4 with iOS5 have some issues too........

they send special program to hundred users and customers to collect information......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
Main stream media has picked up the story. Seems there's something to this.
Technolog on msnbc.com

Hopefully Apple will discover and fix the problem.

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
the thing is that new users of iphone think that it is normal that battery is not better than android phone.

owner s of previous iphone knows the battery life of these smart phones.

That's one of the main issues here. Almost 70% of the new iPhone4S users were upgrades from the 3GS or the iPhone4. I upgraded from the iPhone3G to the 4, and to the 4S on launch day, so I was kind of used to the consistent battery health lasting me at maximum 3 days. Now, if I don't charge it at night, I will be screwed the next day. Forget playing games on it, even for a few minutes...my battery PLUMMETS like an anvil falling from the sky. I'm not *too* worried though because I did go from 1 processor to 2, and I'm sure there will be some software fix soon...there has to be.

Bcn

Reaction score
Just got my 4s a couple of days ago, finally it came out in the rest of Europe!

It's now been 24 hours since my last full charge, and during that time I've been searching stuff in the App Store, using apps, sent emails, used facetime, sent messages, listened to music for 1 hour or so and used Siri + a few phone calls. I've had the location service on as well. During this time it has spent 70% of the battery, which I guess is 'normal'?

I'm a first time iPhone owner and so far I absolutely love it!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Just got my 4s a couple of days ago, finally it came out in the rest of Europe!

It's now been 24 hours since my last full charge, and during that time I've been searching stuff in the App Store, using apps, sent emails, used facetime, sent messages, listened to music for 1 hour or so and used Siri + a few phone calls. I've had the location service on as well. During this time it has spent 70% of the battery, which I guess is 'normal'?

I'm a first time iPhone owner and so far I absolutely love it!!

How many hours has it been on standby? I took my phone in to the genius bar because I would charge it to 100%, and within 3 hours, the capacity would be down to 65-68%, even when I literally did nothing on in. They checked out the battery condition, which was very good. They also checked the location settings, and other setting that would drain the battery, and concluded that it's the problem that everyone else is having because I had already disabled all 3g/ and battery hogging features.

Like I said earlier, to a new iPhone user, they wouldn't know this was a problem, but the majority of iPhone4S users are upgrades.

Bcn

Reaction score
How many hours has it been on standby? I took my phone in to the genius bar because I would charge it to 100%, and within 3 hours, the capacity would be down to 65-68%, even when I literally did nothing on in. They checked out the battery condition, which was very good. They also checked the location settings, and other setting that would drain the battery, and concluded that it's the problem that everyone else is having because I had already disabled all 3g/ and battery hogging features.

Like I said earlier, to a new iPhone user, they wouldn't know this was a problem, but the majority of iPhone4S users are upgrades.

At nights sleep, some 8-9 hours or so + more hours during the day while at work.

I charged it up last night, unplugged it at around 10pm. When I got up this morning at 7, 9 hours later, it had used 2% of the battery. It's been in standby mode all night, except from before going to bed when I asked Siri to put on the alarm for me. Now, at 2pm European time, 16 hours since full charge, it's down to 70% and I have listened to music, spoken on the phone for about 10 minutes, used Facebook and Siri.

OP
F
Reaction score
At nights sleep, some 8-9 hours or so + more hours during the day while at work.

I charged it up last night, unplugged it at around 10pm. When I got up this morning at 7, 9 hours later, it had used 2% of the battery. It's been in standby mode all night, except from before going to bed when I asked Siri to put on the alarm for me. Now, at 2pm European time, 16 hours since full charge, it's down to 70% and I have listened to music, spoken on the phone for about 10 minutes, used Facebook and Siri.

after charge and stanby it look terrific.......but after that ouchhhhhhhhh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.