iPhone4S battery issue (iOS5 or phone)

Bcn

Reaction score
Dropping 30% in 16 hours seems ok I think, is it really that bad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Welcome to the real world iPhone users! ;D Eventually, Apple will release a firmware update to patch this "bug", but they're going to have to do some serious digging for this one. I really wish Apple would stop coddling people into a false sense of security, by constantly telling them that everything will be ok, and that "no matter what, we'll fix this". Sometimes, reality works a bit differently.

And the difference here is that there are many more resource intensive things going on in the background vs previously, and that the battery is exactly the same old él cheapo skimpy battery. At least with an Android phone, the user has the option to get a beefier battery, which I know for a fact, works wonderfully.

I do hope that certain things are re-coded a bit so that the battery isn't taxed as much, but all I can say at this point is good luck. If anybody can do it, it's Apple. We shall see.

Doug

OP
F
Reaction score
Welcome to the real world iPhone users! ;D Eventually, Apple will release a firmware update to patch this "bug", but they're going to have to do some serious digging for this one. I really wish Apple would stop coddling people into a false sense of security, by constantly telling them that everything will be ok, and that "no matter what, we'll fix this". Sometimes, reality works a bit differently.

And the difference here is that there are many more resource intensive things going on in the background vs previously, and that the battery is exactly the same old él cheapo skimpy battery. At least with an Android phone, the user has the option to get a beefier battery, which I know for a fact, works wonderfully.

I do hope that certain things are re-coded a bit so that the battery isn't taxed as much, but all I can say at this point is good luck. If anybody can do it, it's Apple. We shall see.

Doug

Apple did release that for calming people............so people dont expect....a

35% improvement.

in the fabrication of the phone they should put a 1900 mah batteries (like

some Android phones) because whe can not upgrade it.

i did not knew that.

after 14 years having flip phones......i was sure that whe can change the

batt.,

i never try a smart phone and buy it on the 14th............

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
They can't put a bigger battery in unless they change the design. Now seems to be a very sensitive time for such changes to occur, though probably the best time as well, in terms of testing the waters with the new boat and all...

Doug

OP
F
Reaction score
They can't put a bigger battery in unless they change the design. Now seems to be a very sensitive time for such changes to occur, though probably the best time as well, in terms of testing the waters with the new boat and all...

Doug

they sold for other phone............ better.....replacement batt and 1000mah more than original......and not bigger to fit the phone.

my HD camera comme with a 900 mah , i bought one :same size 1300mah and same voltage

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
According to Apple it's an IOS 5 issue - so I would expect to see other devices show the same symptom. I'm experimenting today with turning off the time zone function to see if that improves anything.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Just as a follow up - I think I'm definitely seeing an improvement today I've had the phone off the charger for a couple of hours now and while I haven't used it much - it's still at 100% - whereas I was probably losing 10% per hour previously.

Bcn

Reaction score
So you believe it's the time zone function? I have it turned on and during a nights sleep it remains at the same percentage.

What would you say is the normal battery life for an iPhone?

Just a quick update on mine:

Usage: 3 hours
Standby: 1 day, 3 hours
Percentage: 53%

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.