Access Point

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM
I have a Linksys wireless router but I cant get the signal throughout the whole house and out on my deck. I would like to be able to take my PowerBook out on the deck with me but I cant get on the internet when I go out there. If I buy an access point does extend the range of my wireless network, does it get the signal and then transmit it from wherever that is located. If not what can I get that will allow me to transmit my wireless signal further?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
OP
dmachine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will get one of those. Thanks a lot for your help.

OP
dmachine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Rob, what are the ways of extending my wireless network without buying anything?

OP
dmachine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Would the Airport Express work? Would I just plug it into the wall and then it would pick up the signal and then transmit it from there, or would I have to plug an ethernet cable into it?

OP
dmachine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would like to get an airport express so that I can share my USB printer with my PB but I want to make sure that it would work the way I want it to. Would I plug the printer into it then it would connect to my wireless network and the printer would be shared?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.