• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My transition from mobile me to iCloud not at this time !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Intel Core 2 Duo, CPU Speed: 2.13 GHz, Memory:2 GB, Bus:1.07 GHz, + Iphone 3G 16 GB
I was making the move from mobile me to iCloud this evening, then I read this

These MobileMe features will not be available :

Dashboard Widgets
Dock Items
Keychain
Mail Accounts
Mail Rules, Signatures, and Smart Mailboxes
Mac OS X Preferences syncing

HUH I enjoy using these !! I don't need my music on all my device's automatically that bad to give these up change it back ! and Im losing IDisk no thank-you !

Please fix all of this before June 2012. i don't mind paying $6 a month anyways for mobile me !
:\

X...

OP
x320
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Intel Core 2 Duo, CPU Speed: 2.13 GHz, Memory:2 GB, Bus:1.07 GHz, + Iphone 3G 16 GB
any one else have this complaint ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
Wish they would have kept iDisk but I'm sure they'll be doing something along those lines soon I hope. I read somewhere they had tried to buy Dropbox and right now there is currently a way to sync documents across Macs (kind of a hack way storing stuff in the Mobile Documents folder). It only seems logical they would offer up a file sync/backup/storage solution similar to Dropbox eventually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
You enjoy using those? Do you often sync those settings among multiple computers, or just backing them up?

Really, since I'm not logging on to a bunch of different systems on a regular basis (Macs at least) I never really used any of those.

Either way, come next June I'm certain that they'll go bye-bye.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
You enjoy using those? Do you often sync those settings among multiple computers, or just backing them up?

Really, since I'm not logging on to a bunch of different systems on a regular basis (Macs at least) I never really used any of those.

Either way, come next June I'm certain that they'll go bye-bye.

I guess you didn't know this, but you could also use those features when backing up OSX without doing a complete restore from TimeMachine. That's a good feature for me since I'm not a fan of doing reinstalling backups on new drives. I hate how they got rid of them,and hope they will bering them back on iCloud.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Since my Mobile Me expires in December and its going away June of 2012 I made the transition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guess you didn't know this, but you could also use those features when backing up OSX without doing a complete restore from TimeMachine. That's a good feature for me since I'm not a fan of doing reinstalling backups on new drives. I hate how they got rid of them,and hope they will bering them back on iCloud.

See, I do full disk images. So while I did know this, it's a non-issue for my work/data management flow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
See, I do full disk images. So while I did know this, it's a non-issue for my work/data management flow.

That doesn't mean its useless for everyone else. I also can't see how it would be faster/easier than just logging into your MobileMe account and having it do everything for you in a quick sync.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That doesn't mean its useless for everyone else. I also can't see how it would be faster/easier than just logging into your MobileMe account and having it do everything for you in a quick sync.

No, but perhaps... this is why I asked. Actually, it was. I can't think of every way someone uses something. Not even for the product I work on O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I can't think of every way someone uses something. Not even for the product I work on O:)

You're a senior member...thinking of things is something your should excel at:D
LOL. I don't even know why I'm talking here...I make backups of backups, and make manual copies on separate drives depending on the type of data being saved...time is not my friend.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.