Adding Facebook "Like" Button in iWeb 3.0.4?

Reaction score
Anyone know how to do this? I have generated the code at FB, and tried to put it into my site as an html snippet, as a text box with MassReplaceIt per Cedric Giger, and also just pasting it directly into the code and uploading it.

All I get is blank, blank, blank.

This should be so basic...can someone help out here?

Thanks!! Kim

Reaction score
did you receive any clue? I'm having the same problem and can't find anything about it except your posts.

Reaction score
ok guys I just did it the simple way I guess. all I did was download the like button from Facebook just the image then I dragged it to the website as a regular picture or image, then you open up inspector and go to the link inspector tab click on enable as a hyperlink and then type the url there also don't forget to click where it says make hyperlink active and bingo thats how I did it! hope this helps guys!

Reaction score
Not helpful

Thanx but... We don't want a link to a page.

We want the actual "Like" button that keeps count of those who liked your chosen URL, shares that info on their wall, and allows them to share. This button can be very beneficial for promotion.

Has anyone figured out how to add the "Like" button???

Reaction score
Have you got this to work yet?

I think this is what you are looking for, Media

I created the code on FB then in iWeb added the HTML snippet pasted the code and it worked the first time. I am not sure if you need to make sure your snippet size is large enough FB gives a required size when you make the code.

Hope this helps, please feel free to contact me if you like.

Reaction score
I Think I have the solution

This happened to me as well...
And then i notice that the Iframe copy of Facebook start this way:

"<iframe src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.p......

It's just complete the proper URL:

"<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.p....

Note to complete the URL with http:

That's it!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.