Apple TV annoyances

Reaction score
So am I the only one who has to constantly click through multiple menu's just to get back to where I was before I put a show on pause?

Like.... I put a show on pause and five minutes later, it's returned to the main menu. So I have to click on numerous links to get back to the show I was watching. Then most of the times, it's reverted back to the beginning of the show so I also have to fast forward back to where I was.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum. We have a forum dedicated to Apple TV.

Reaction score
I have never experienced that. usually when you pause, the ATV goes into screen saver mode after a while. When pressing a key in that mode I get back to the movie, press play and it continues on.

If I don't do anything for an hour it turns off. In that case I have to go back to the recently watched movie, click play and it will ask me if I'd like to resume or start over.

This works for me in Netflix, rented iTunes movies and shows and movies shared from my iMac via ATV.

ATV is on latest firmware/OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
I have also experienced this the way dekan mentions above...seems very odd, try resetting ATV and see if it is a clutch...

J

Reaction score
You know I've heard several complaints about it and am thinking about going with the Google TV.. hopefully that doesn't make me a traitor.

Which do you think is better?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
You know I've heard several complaints about it and am thinking about going with the Google TV.. hopefully that doesn't make me a traitor.

If you like the aspect of mirroring from an iPad 2 or an iPhone 4s then the Apple TV 2 is the way to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

Really? This is Apple centric forum and your asking the question in an ATV sub-forum. What answer do you think your going to get?

And yes, it makes you a traitor....;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.