Adobe alternative for the iPad.

Reaction score
What do you do if your websites use Adobe, but the iPad is unable to use it? This is pretty critical for hubby's websites and his business. It's the main reason we got the iPad for him.... any solutions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" Mid 2009 4GB 500GB 7200RPM, Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2010 8GB 750GB 7200RPM, iPhone 4
What do you do if your websites use Adobe, but the iPad is unable to use it? This is pretty critical for hubby's websites and his business. It's the main reason we got the iPad for him.... any solutions?

If you are meaning Adobe Flash, the iPad does not support it. There may be third party applications that will allow you to run it but I'm not sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Why wouldn't you guys have done research first before throwing down at least 6 bills for something that will be essentially useless for him on that level of productivity?

My suggestion would be to get an Android tablet if Flash is (hopefully that's what you meant by "Adobe") critical for his work. The Samsung Galaxy isn't bad at all. Great screen actually, perhaps better than the iPad's. The Blackberry is actually better than the Galaxy in terms of less bloat. I like the UI better.

I love our (well, my wifes) iPad, but I bought it knowing its limitations. Perhaps your hubby should consider rebuilding his site(s) with HTML 5?

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Depends also if they want other iphone and ipad users to access the site.

Why don't you give us a URL and we can see if the site really needs flash at all or cane be redone using HTML 5

OP
L
Reaction score
I guess I should clarify....my husband goes onto websites that uses Adobe for some of their pages. He can't view them. Is there any Apple app that works?
I'm not that computer sauvy to think of all the potential problems or what's not compatible. I just thought Apple iPad was just the thing! I just wanted to get some answers from the "pros" and seasoned users!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
It has been very common knowledge that Adobe Flash does not work on iPads since day one. At the very least, your husband should have known this. Unless of course you bought it as a surprise. There are a couple of browsers that might work, but not sure. I'll have the others chime in with that one. I think that "Skyfire' was one of them, but didn't think it was that good of a browser when I tried it some time ago.

Perhaps Opera browser? Again, I'll defer to the knowledge of the elders for that one. You could always just try and Google for the answer. That's what I usually do first.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.