email selecting

Reaction score
I am brand new to Mac software. I am trying to organize my email. Can you select multiple messages to move to a box. All I can figure out is to use the command key and click each message seperatly. I know in windows we can click shift and alt at the same time to highlight a block of messages we want to move all at once. Is it possible to do that on a mac. If so, with what keys? I know it sounds like a dumb question but I am tired of clicking each single message to move it.
Michelle

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Basically it's the same as Windows. Just click on the first email message, hold down your "shift" key and click on the last message you wish to select. They should all be highlighted. Hold down your left mouse key and drag them all to wherever you wish to store them. When you hold down that left mouse key the number of messages selected will appear as you move them.

OP
S
Reaction score
hmmm....ok but my mouse does not have a left and a right key. It is one of the new ones....I think. LOL It is a magic mouse.
Michelle

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How to use your Magic Rodent by Apple: LINK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.