iCloud in two User Accounts

Reaction score
Is iCloud a function of the OS or of a User Account? I share a Mac with my wife and would like to set up iCloud for each of us, but don't want info synced from my iPhone to enter her Address Book and iCal, and visa versa. We share my Apple ID.

I haven't yet installed Lion but will do so soon, and I use my User Account on her machine as an emergency backup of my business data, which resides on another Mac and my iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
I believe you will have to set up another AppleID to use with iCloud for one of you to stop the cross syncing.

OP
S
Reaction score
But can I wait to set up the 2nd Apple ID until after I buy and install Lion, which I want to pay for only once (for both authorized machines).

Also, after I transition to iCloud will my children, who each have MobileMe Family Pack email addresses, continue to use those email accounts until the end of MM next June. In other words, once I transition to iCloud does my MM account 'go away' ?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
I have a family MM account and transitioned my specific account over first, then each of my family accounts over the next several weeks. ICloud on your computer is user account specific. Your files and settings will not sync with anyone else's account (even on same computer) unless you set up ICloud to do so in that user's settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 20" 2 GHZ 4MB, Macbook, Iphone, Ipod Touch
Is there a tutorial to show all the ins and outs of Icloud? I can't seem to find a comphrensive set of instructions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.