Savin C2525 printing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2GHZ intel COre i7 4GBRam OSX 10.7.2
My company just got me a MacBook Pro so I can learn it and become the MAC guru for our support department. CUrrently I have the Only Mac in our office and I am having trouble getting it to print to the Network Savin printer. I have managed to send a print job to the printer but it just prints garbage. If Try to print from the Windows parallel side I can get the printing to work, but not from the MAC side. Is there anything particular I need to do? I downloaded and installed the drivers and directed the printer to the correct IP address.

Thank you
Jason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Savin thinks they have Mac users right where they want us. They only provide a postscript driver for that printer -- which requires the Optional postscript card be purchased.
On the other hand, the printer supports generic HP Laserjet PCL 5 or 6. Try that for driver.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I will give that a try. I am working from home today but will install the generic PCL driver and give it a go.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Savin thinks they have Mac users right where they want us. They only provide a postscript driver for that printer -- which requires the Optional postscript card be purchased.
On the other hand, the printer supports generic HP Laserjet PCL 5 or 6. Try that for driver.

The generic driver did not work. I think for now I will be forced to do my printing from the Windows parallel side, which sucks in many ways as I'd like to have the Mac side printing as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.