Which Email App

Reaction score
I have recently changed over from Windows to Mac

What email app do you use to send and retrieve emails

I have 3 email accounts that i need to manage and i currently have them set up in the Mail app, however i think the app is missing some necessary functions... looking forward to your recommendations, thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
Just out of curiosity, what functions are missing that you need?

OP
O
Reaction score
Hi, when I single click on an email in Mail, the message loads in the preview pane in the right BUT the email is marked as read... (I know you can mark it as unread again but...)

However, when using MS Outlook, you can change the settings so that te above happens BUT te email stays unread until you double click into it and it opens... this is helpful as you can leave the email as unread until you have tine to action it

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's a very minor thing, however, you can purchase MS Office 2011 Home and Student version which includes Outlook 2011 for the Mac if you really need that option.

OP
O
Reaction score
Yeah i agree it is minor for some people, but it is one of the most important functions for me as i receive a lot of emails that require actions and i cannot always action them immediately... thanks for your help

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I use mail and manage 5 email accounts and get a LOT of mail daily. For a free solution you might give Mozilla Thunderbird a try. It might do what you are after. It's free, so install it and check all the options. If it does not do what you want, drag it to the trash. I don't do what you are after so nut sure if Thunderbird does that or not, but it does have a LOT of features.

OP
O
Reaction score
Cool, thanks... i might stick with Mail for a while as i would like to keep my set up Apple / Mac OS X based as possible, thanks again for your help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.