How To Pair A Macally BT Mouse with Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lion OS 10.7.1
I am running Lion on a new Macbook pro and I use it as a desk top when I arrive home. I tried connecting a Macally BT wireless laser mouse to it just as I did with my Macbook running Snow Leopord. It worked great with snow leopord. It will not pair on my macbook pro running lion. I don't know if I need a password. It give me the option to generate one or use one provided by the manufacture.

Macally's help site is horrible at best. They don't go much further than OS 10.5! I called Macally once and was promised a return phone call. Also emailed them twice. I figure forums with real users usually works better than tech centers.

Thanks!

C

chas_m

Bluetooth mouses almost ALWAYS use the passcode "0000" (no quotes of course).

The mouse should pair and function at least as a basic BT mouse without any drivers.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lion OS 10.7.1
pass code 0000 does not work for Macally BT mouse

Thanks for the reply. The passcode "0000" did not work for the mouse. There must be other issues with Lion and Macally probably has not released a fix yet. I like the mouse on my macbook. I am confident that there is a solution.

Cheers,

Mark

Reaction score
.......and I am having the same problem. Tried the 0000 code and nothing. I love the mouse it just will not work my my new mac book pro.
If any one has any other ideas please let us know. :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's not going to work until such a time that Macally updates the driver for Lion. The same might also apply to their BT keyboards, however, we haven't had anyone complain about those.

Reaction score
It's not going to work until such a time that Macally updates the driver for Lion. The same might also apply to their BT keyboards, however, we haven't had anyone complain about those.

Thanks for your reply. I have had issue's with Macally before so decided to purchase a Logitech V470 mouse. It works fine with Lion and I can actually program it which I couldn't with the Macally.

Very happy with the Logitech. :) :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
What is this "Macally" of which you all speak?! ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.