Safari crashing on startup

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have this issue which i have not been able to solve. My safari keeps crashing on startup, this is happening after i visited some site and have closed safari with that window open. so safari is trying to load the same window every time i start it and is crashing. Here is a link to the crash report.

log.txt

Please help and thanks in advance.

-toymaker

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try resetting Safari. From the Safari menu select "reset Safari". Go through the selections to be reset and choose those you wish to reset - such as Top Sites, History, Cache, etc.

OP
T
Reaction score
The program is crashing before i can even access the menu, it stays only for a few seconds...

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Let's start simple. You have Glims installed so get rid of that. Uninstall it properly though using the uninstaller here. Is it still crashing after doing that?

OP
T
Reaction score
Help please

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I have downloaded and rant he uninstaller for glims (many times) .But still the program is crashing, is there any way that i can go into the folders and manually delete safari plugins and preferences.

Please help. Thanks in advance

OP
T
Reaction score
I solved the issue. Went to User>Library>safari and then deleted everything, now its back to normal. Though i lost all the bookmarks and other data as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.