iOS5... SERIOUSLY upsetting me.

Reaction score
Okay...

So I plugged my phone into my computer and in the capacity bar in iTunes it was showing that almost HALF of the space on my iPhone was taken up by "Other".

I have NO effing clue what "other" is, but after some research I found that it was most likely corrupt files from disconnecting during a sync... or... something else.

So I hard started my phone... and it was still there.

I finally just said screw it, "restored" my phone... and now it's done doing what it needed to do and I'm looking at the "capacity" bar again and while there's only 0.50Gigs of "other" (and I'm assuming that's the software itself) it says I have 1.40Gigs of audio on my phone... but there is NO MUSIC loaded in my phone right now!

I didn't start having all these issues until I upgraded to iOS5 on my iPhone 4.

Is this something I'm going to have to wait for Apple to fix in an update or is there a way to take care of all this now?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
do you download podcasts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
"Other" can be filled with the iTunes Artwork when you have Songs/Movies/TV Shows as well. Holds all the thumbnails for whatever as well.
Just a little bit more info

Cheers

OP
E
Reaction score
louishen said:
do you download podcasts?

HAHAHA...

<---------------Jack***

When I opened the iPod it said there was no music... I didn't think about the fact that when I restored my phone it may have thrown the podcasts back on there.

It did.

That's probably what I'm seeing.

Hahaha, thanks for clearing that up for me ^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Reaction score
That's how fast a "seriously ****** off" person becomes a happy, capital letter "HAHAHA" writer. Seems like people these days have a very short fuse :)

OP
E
Reaction score
That's how fast a "seriously ****** off" person becomes a happy, capital letter "HAHAHA" writer. Seems like people these days have a very short fuse :)

It seems like it was a short-fused reaction, but I was being patient with it all day while I was trying to figure everything out. All day when I SHOULD have been editing images for a client... so when I saw that, unknowing what it was, that was sort of the last straw for me because I had already wasted a couple of hours, during which I SHOULD have been productive, haha.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for taking the time to help me figure out what the issue was... even though in the end it turned out not to be an issue at all (once I restored my phone, that is. Because before I did that, there *was* an issue...)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.