OS X Lion Wifi problems

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I have some issues with the wireless internet on my early 2010 white Macbook.

I upgraded to Lion a few days after it was released. Everything was fine until I was on my way home from a vacation this Sunday.
I wanted to use the wifi connection in the airport, but for some reason my Macbook couldn't connect. It logged on the network and in the Preferences window it said that it had an IP adress and was connected to the internet. Though when I tried to go to a website in Chrome, nothing happened. I tried using Firefox and Safari as well. My three travel partners didn't have any problems - one was running a HP with WinXP, and the two others were on Macbook Pros, one with SL and one with Lion.

Now, my Macbook takes very long time to connect to my home network. When it does, it has problems loading certain websites, regardless of which browser I use. The sites seem to be mostly places that require log-in, ie. my school's online portal, my web bank, sometimes Facebook as well.
My dad has zero problems using his MBP Lion on the same network.

Furthermore, I can't connect to my school's network, and I have problems trying to connect to my HTCs wireless hotspot - when it finally connects, it barely works.

As the problems occur on many different routers and access points, and other computers doesn't have these problems, I am fairly sure the problem is simply in the firmware of my Mac's wifi.

Can anybody help me out? I'm wondering if "resetting" the wifi could work, like simply uninstall it and start from scratch. Is there a way to do this?

PS. I already tried searching for solutions, and none of the things written on OSXDaily etc. seems to work.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same problem. I have also created a separated SSID only for my Macbook Pro and nothing...

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.