Macbook features on Windows 7

Reaction score
I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 64bit on my Macbook using bootcamp. Everything is working (including the network adapter) EXCEPT I am not able to get Windows 7 to recognize a suitable webcam driver and my keyboard doesn't light up. When I had installed Windows Vista, I had to manually install the drivers separately and then these features had worked. However, I cannot, for the life of me, remember where I had downloaded the drivers to enable me to use these macbook features on the Windows 7 side of my computer. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you!:'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
You must install Boot Camp drivers for Windows. Go to Apple's website > support and look for your model as well as suitable drivers for your version of Windows, which is 64 bit.

OR you can use the Mac OS X install DVD by inserting it while you're using Windows, opening what's inside the DVD, and you'll find a folder called Boot Camp where you can install the drivers.

OR you can run Boot Camp Assistant on Mac OS (Snow Leopard with latest updates or Lion) and click "Download the latest Windows support software from Apple".

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I tried to install bootcamp 64x version 3.1 but it stated that I needed to download bootcamp 3.0 first. I wasn't able to find a "bootcamp 3.0" for 64bit versions of Windows 7. If possible, do you have a link?

I also tried to install the drivers manually by inserting the Mac OS X disc but that didn't seem to do anything.

And as far as running the boot camp assistant, I apparently have version 10.5.8 of Leopard (I presume it's Leopard) and that is up to date already. According to the website, it states that I need 10.6.8.

Any ideas? Sorry for the stupid questions.

Reaction score
You first need to upgrade Leopard to Snow Leopard. The updated Boot Camp versions (3.0/3.1) are not available for Leopard. Once you do that (for $29 USD) you can complete the process.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.