Calendar invites duplicates when accepted

Reaction score
Hello everybody and thanks in advance for your support!

I am having some issues with the calendar on ios 5.
I have an iPhone, iPad and Windows PC. I sync over WiFi. I don't sync the calendars with Outlook or Exchange, only with iCloud.

Whenever I create an event (or somebody else creates an event and sends me an invite) and it gets confirmed, that event gets duplicated.

The original event remains in the calendar which I selected, while the duplicate is in the calendar "inbox" which isn't one of my calendars nor does it appear in the list of my calendars.

This doesn't happen to the person invited or any of my friends' calendars, only to my calendar, and only when I invite somebody to an event.

Does anybody else have this issue, or does anybody know a fix for this?

The links below are screenshots from my iPhone with the issue.
Only the duplicated events are the problem. The yellow one is the one I created. The blue duplicate appears to be in the calendar "inbox" and the grey ones look like unconfirmed events, but are actually confirmed...

Ios5 Calendar Image
Ios5 Calendar Image

Reaction score
Fixed! Had same problem!

I had the exact same problem. I called apple and after an hour and a half the problem was solved. So simple! Just backup your phone first to be safe. I backed up to iCloud. Then delete your iCloud account from your phone. It will ask you if you want to keep your data on your phone or delete it. Choose to delete it. No worries because it's all backed up to iCloud. You are just deleting your account from your phone, not from existence! Once that's done, just put you iCloud account back in and let everything resync from your backup and the problem is solved! The "inbox" calendar is gone and duplicates don't occur anymore. The invitation notifications work perfectly. Guess it just needed a fresh start on the phone. Good luck and hope everything works out for you.

OP
A
Reaction score
I had the exact same problem. I called apple and after an hour and a half the problem was solved. So simple! Just backup your phone first to be safe. I backed up to iCloud. Then delete your iCloud account from your phone. It will ask you if you want to keep your data on your phone or delete it. Choose to delete it. No worries because it's all backed up to iCloud. You are just deleting your account from your phone, not from existence! Once that's done, just put you iCloud account back in and let everything resync from your backup and the problem is solved! The "inbox" calendar is gone and duplicates don't occur anymore. The invitation notifications work perfectly. Guess it just needed a fresh start on the phone. Good luck and hope everything works out for you.

I did exactly what you said on both the iPad and iPhone and it worked brilliantly!
Problem soved!

Thanks so much for your help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.